What’s your first reaction when it comes to needles?
Mine was “Do I need to take a myprodol before coming?”
On Friday 09 February I took a drive to Azure Health and Skincare based in Honeyside Road, Crawford. Like Alice, I jumped down the rabbit hole curious to know what the rage of the micro needle therapy is.
The Skincare therapist, Munirah Assur was very friendly and assured me that it was a quick and painless procedure. Her warmth and professionalism in explaining what she was doing and what to expect was very comforting.
IN CASE YOU’VE NEVER HEARD OF THE DERMAPEN / MICRO NEEDLE THERAPY – OR LIKE ME ARE CURIOUS TO KNOW… let me explain here:
Dermapen – MICRO NEEDLE THERAPY (same thing)
Micro Needling Treatment aka Collagen Induction Therapy is taking the beauty industry by storm! It is a penetration of micro-needles into the epidermal layer of the skin and creates numerous micro-injuries, stimulating the fibroblast cells to increase collagen production so when new skin is produced it will appear smooth clear it’s works for acne scars ,pigmentation, wrinkles sun damage etc… Collagen Induction Pen treatment is that it activates the skin’s own self-repair mechanism.
The benefits of Dermapen Treatments are multiple, and the most effective ones are: Skin tightening, natural collagen. Induction, lifting & rejuvenation. Acne scars & wound healing
Even Kim Kardashian has the Micro Needling Treatments done.
Laying on the therapists bed with emina cream placed on my face, set to numb the area for 20-30mins, my micro needle therapy was about to commence.
- Once the face was numbed, Munirah applied cream to allow the micro needle to glide easily over the area she was treating.
- Out came the needle but it wasn’t as intimidating as I anticipated.
- Bony areas were felt while the less bony areas weren’t.
- After the micro needle was applied on my face and neck, the therapist placed an ice cold collagen masque on my face, which was so refreshing.
- I left with a beauty pack on hand and the following instructions for the next 3 days:
POST TREATMENT ADVICE
✔ Use SPF
✔ Highly recommend the use of a Vitamin C supplement to assist in collagen stimulation
✖ No make up for 24 hours
✖ No waxing next 7 days
✖ Do not swim for next 24 hours
✖ Do not exerceise for next 24 hours
✖ Avoid excessive touching of the skin
✖ No application of retinol A, AHA, BHA for the next 7 days
What to expect for the next 3 days
- redness may appear… however the severity of the redness is determined by the needle depth of the treatment. The skin may feel slightly gritty and sensitive. The skin ay also feel warm and slightly inflamed
- The red hue may persist and look like sun burn. Swelling may be more noticeable. The skin may feel tight and will appear dry and patchy
- Skin will be normal colour. swelling will subside. There will be flaking in certain areas, depending on the depth of the needle.
WATCH THE VIDEO TO SEE WHAT MY MORNING AT AZURE HEALTH AND SKINCARE WAS LIKE AND SEE THE DERMAPEN AT WORK.
~DISCOUNT FOR YOU~
BOOK before the end of March 2017
mention my name (Roshan Isaacs)
and receive a WHOPPING 50% off your treatment
– BOOK SOON – https://gobeauty.co.za/listing/Azure+Health+and+Skincare
Should you decide to visit Azure Health and Skincare – please let me hear your feedback 🙂