Autumn Moments ~ Falling Leaves ~ Awakening Roots. Ever had the feeling like you needed a defibrillator to kickstart, or reawaken your life? Well instead of something that requires your heart to stop before using it… try looking at your life from a landscape perspective.
I recently came across this insightful article from Court Sinclair, which dealt with ones Inner Landscape and I’d like to share some it with you here as it gives you a practical exercise to help you interpret your own inner landscape.
If you had the ability to SEE inside of yourself, would you?
The natural world is a powerful teacher and has the capacity to reveal to us our very own true nature. Visualizing your ‘inner landscape’ is a tool that can help you reflect and connect inwards to ‘see’ and interpret the bigger picture of what is going on deep inside of you. This visualization serves as a representation of your state of emotions and current location on your journey as a physical landscape.
You may find the process of creating an inner landscape to be very meditative; feeling the creation move through you as you access your subconscious and then reflect on your piece after completion. On the other hand you may have a very engaged experience as you actively and consciously explore your inner landscape and how best to represent it.
What would your inner landscape look like? Which season are you in? How’s the weather? What colours do you see? Is the environment harsh and desolate or thriving and abundant? Which of the natural elements appear? What is the topography like?
What does your inner landscape reveal? In my creation I intuitively placed the landscapes over the top of my image to cover it up however the clues became more clear once I combined my inner + outer landscape images. Only you can best know how to interpret your inner landscape and these guiding questions should get you started:
- Is there any overwhelming landscape?
- What does the location of the placement of the landscape onto the physical body imply (example: on your eyes vs. heart. vs. mouth)?
- What would have to change in your life for your inner landscape to look the way you would WANT it to versus the way it does look.
- What aspect of your life is the landscape reflecting?
Example of an interpretation of your inner landscape:
- Sunlight: third eye energy, intuition, vision, insightful, clear, awareness, big picture, brighten, shining, potential, possibility, ideas.
- Rough waters and jagged shoreline: rocky, waves, rain — There are areas of my life which need tending to for sunny skies, calm waters and smooth shore.
- Lush greenery: vibrant, healthy, thriving, abundant — Focused and intentional energy yields healthy and vibrant growth. Continue to nurture these areas and shine light there
- Trees as lungs: building a strong foundation and rooting into my breath. filtering energy, breath sustains life, vital, fundamental. I need to make my breath foundation strong as well as to have awareness towards what Iam inhaling and exhaling (allowing in and releasing: ideas, emotions, beliefs, experiences…).
- Night sky: infinite, expansive, possible. connected to something much larger than myself. Removing limitations and creating without bounds.
- Fire: heat in throat chakra, expression. truth, authentic voice, deep listening, creativity, seeking and sharing. Using my words (my very own, they matter) to simply share my story and to really listen to the stories of those I connect with.
- Emerge a leader:– surface, come into view, transpire, guiding, setting an example, being my own personal pioneer. Moving into leadership with my voice and what I breathe life into. I’ve been exploring the qualities that I want to truly embody to help me grow into the type of leader that I want to be.
Whatever your landscape is – try and see how it correlates with your mind, body and soul.
If you enjoyed this article and would like to apply this to your business, then visit these pages for self-awareness, conscious living, a holistic view of one’s self and those around you, and allow yourself to dig deep into the inner landscape of you, your life, and your business with either of these remarkable beings, who help individuals and businesses interpret their full potential ~ Noha Essop ~ The Conscious Maverick and Shameema at Intuitive Science
wearing dress from @haute_hayah
photographed by @pursuingpictorialism