Individual style can be described as;
- relating to, characteristic of, or meant for a single person or thing.
- separate or distinct, esp. from others of its kind; particular.
- characterized by unusual and striking qualities; distinctive.
Individual style is pretty much the same as a designers style signature. For example if I see the colour, structure, and use of materials as per the cape I’m wearing in the below photograph, I will know immediately that it is a Thabo Makheta design.
Try identifying designers whose style signature is easy to identify. Here are a few to test. What is the style signature of:
- Christian Louboutin
- Maxhosa by Laduma
- Quitera and George
We can almost always identify the designer by their signature style.
HOW TO IDENTIFY YOUR INDIVIDUAL STYLE
We need to begin by facing our fears:
- Are you expressing your individual style.
- Are you scared to let others see your true identity through your fashion choices
- Do you wear outfits by copying others just to fit in.
- Do you turn it down a couple of notches to be ignored, overlooked or hidden.
- Are you having trouble identifying your style, unsure as to what actually suits your personality.
- Do you wear clothes that don’t fit you, think you looking smashing and have an I don’t care what others think attitude. (Kudos to you for your confidence, but this doesn’t necessarily mean you’ve found your style or your fit)
WHAT INDIVIDUAL STYLE IS MEANT TO DO
Individual style is meant to be:
- an honest reflection of who you are.
- enhances your beauty and natural features as well as your body shape/type
- compliments your personality,
- makes you feel confident and comfortable
WHAT INDIVIDUAL STYLE IS NOT MEANT TO DO
Individual style in not meant to:
- make you look and feel uncomfortable
- reflect something or someone you’re not
- create bulges and be super tight when its not a skinny or body fitting outfit
- make you look bigger than you are
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT YOUR PERSONAL STYLE
- shape of your body
- shape of your face
- your style personality
- colour psychology
I know I haven’t gone into into much detail here, but it’s a good start to be aware.
It’s also a good time to inform you that I’ll be hosting a “Personal styling” course along with my annual “Chic Turban Styling workshop. Limited to 20 guests only. Information coming soon. MAY 2018 !
I LOVE MY SUPER AWESOME TEAM – THEY MAKE ME SPARKLE AND SHINE
HOLLA IF YOU NEED THEIR DETAILS
Official Photographer for www.roshanisaacs.com LARRY ENGLISH
Assistant Phographer : CLAUDIA BLANKENBERG
Stylist / Creative Strategist : Yours Truly ROSHAN ISAACS
Proudly SA Designers : Cape THABO MAKHETA | Skirt FABULOUS IN HIJAB | Beads REBEL FUNK ACCESSORIES
International Designers : Shoes – hand embroidered – MADE IN TURKEY | Bag – HERMES